Kimani was a partner in a Big Four firm, but decided to partner with various people to start a boutique consulting company so he can focus on the local entities in Zambia and Kenya to provide financial consulting services. Kimani provides support in financial management, including in negotiating with third parties. He has extensive experience in providing external audit services in compliance with International Standards on Auditing. He has worked with the COSO framework over his 18 years with a Big four firm and uses that experience to structure and transform organisations.
During his 18 years with the firm, Kimani was involved in providing accounting and advisory services to companies in Zambia, Kenya, the UK, Sudan and Ethiopia. His portfolio included entities in the manufacturing, hospitality telecommunications and agricultural sectors. He also has extensive experience with listed companies in Kenya, such as Nation Media Group and TPS Holdings Limited, and Zambia, such as Zambian Breweries plc, National Breweries plc, Cavmont Holdings plc and British American Tobacco plc. He therefore has obtained first-hand experience on the best practices around corporate governance and risk management.
Kimani is a Fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) and member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZiCA).
Gabriel is an accomplished executive and a financial management expert having worked with Big Four firms over the past 20 years. He has extensive domestic and international experience having worked in Kenya, Uganda, and UK. This experience transverses various service offerings, specifically in strategic planning, product/service marketing and management for both start-up and growth companies. Gabriel is currently the Executive Director of GA Consulting Limited, a company working in close collaboration with 3K&L. The company specialises in:
- Project management: working with clients through the entire project management life cycle for successful completion of programs/projects.
- Company Appraisal: reviewing the performance of companies to ascertain the areas of process & control weakness, leakages, profit & loss and balance sheet reviews. Temporary management of companies in distress.
- Project audits: carrying out project audits to ensure that finances provided for projects have been used for the purposes intended.
- Procurement Reviews: carrying out a review of the procurement process to ensure that the best practices have been followed and that the process meets the set policies and can stand independent scrutiny.
- Commercial Arbitration: help clients resolve commercial disputes as an independent arbitrator on contracts or as an expert advisor in a dispute.
Gabriel is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom (MCIArb). He is also a active member of the Kenya Sports Disputes Tribunal.